CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 14, 2008

Vietnam, here we come!

Friday November 28th we take off for parts unknown (well unknown by me). After crossing I don't know how many time zones, flying close to 10,000 miles, and walking up and down the plane aisles countless times, we will arrive in the birthplace of my daughter, Ho Chi Minh City. And most importantly of all the G & R Ceremony* will be held on Monday December 1st and at that point, she is officially and legally mine, Mine, MINE!!!

After the ceremony, my sister and I will have about 10 days to do some sightseeing, take Annie for a cursory medical exam, apply for her passport, do a little shopping, eat pizza in Vietnam and then we head home to begin life together.

Now I just have to make sure that I don't put off (everything) today, what I can do tomorrow.

* G & R Ceremony - stands for Giving and Receiving Ceremony. It is the formal occasion in which Vietnam legally hands an adoptive child to his or her adoptive parent(s). Although it's called a ceremony, I've heard it's mostly the signing of a few papers. Regardless it's something to celebrate and cherish.

2 comments:

s. said...

congratulations!

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHH! You're going! (I'm soooo out of touch.) Your timing couldn't be more perfectly poetic, leaving just the day after Thanksgiving. Congratulations! I know I've already told you, but your Annie Mai is so beautiful and such a peanut. She seemed tiny to me, but my boys are pretty tall for their ages, so maybe she does have a basketball star gene.

As for nesting, I'll bet you'll catch it this weekend. I didn't kick it into gear until a week before we left and then panicked because I didn't realize just how much I hadn't done.

I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to read about your trip!