CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sweet Potatoes & Scooters

In total sensory overload right now. In fact I'm so overwhelmed it's hard to write about what's important - Annie! So let me get this out of my head and on the blog really quickly. I HAVE NEVER SEEN TRAFFIC LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE. There are scooters everywhere, and I mean everywhere and little tiny stores and people and did I mention the traffic? And let me tell you, crossing the street is like sky diving, definitely not for the faint of heart. Rie and I were cringing the entire time. Thankfully the hotel is across the street from a market but of course it's a wide, crowded boulevard.

Okay now Annie. We did get to visit with Annie for a little while today and she is even cuter in real life than in pictures. She has eight teeth, is teeny as she looks in pictures (but very healthy), hair's a bit out of control but she's affectionate and ready to play. I was on the verge of tears walking into the orphanage today but as soon as I saw her I knew everything would be fine. She's curious, active, alert and WALKING. She also let me pick her up without hestitation (and yes as soon as I put my hands out and she held hers up, she had me). She's just adorable. Rie and I had so much fun playing with her. Just one more night in the orphanage and then a new life begins for both of us.

Okay it's I don't know what time and I need to get some rest so that's all for today. I'd post pictures of her but she was constantly on the move so all we got was a blur. Guess we'll have to take photos of her sleeping. :-)

2 comments:

kimicar said...

Oh my gosh Marti ... I can only imagine how amazing it must have been to actually see Annie after all of this time waiting.

Love the picture of her with the phone. Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to have you both home!!

~ Kim

Anonymous said...

YEAH for you....We are so happy for you both. Reading this and seeing her brought tears to my eyes! I can't wait to see a picture of you and her together. Kristi