CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Blessings

All I can say is that I am truly blessed. Another baby shower was held for Annie today and I am again overwhelmed by the generosity of people. Annie is definitely going to be spoiled and she will have a variety of things to keep her busy (and yes I am going to keep at least one large box, I'm no fool, I still remember playing in a box for weeks...oh wait that was last month with the crib box, um never mind). While I've always known from the first time I saw her picture how much she is loved by "the fam", I had no idea how much of an impact she has had on those outside of my inner circle. I have been given so many wonderful things that have had me near tears and truly touched my heart. Not only has adopting Annie opened up my heart to a new love it has also reopened my eyes to the warmth, caring and generosity in the people that surround me, both at work and in my personal life. I definitely have been fortunate in that these wonderful people are not only helping me get ready for Annie but most importantly celebrating this wonderful event with me.

On a less sappier note, my brother will be happy to hear that I have received numerous "noise makers" (and somewhat naively I registered for many of them). Being the aunt, I have been known to give gifts that keep on giving in the form of the same sound over and over and o v e r (e.g. I gave my niece the most adorable Clifford the Big Red Book that actually barked). Yes karma, it can be priceless.

PS No travel date yet for those curious.

0 comments: