CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Travel Date - TBD

I suppose I should have posted earlier that I don't have a travel date yet (and yes I'm more than okay with that for now). Originally the agency requested that my sister and I leave this Saturday (yes today!) along with two other families. I think just getting approval from our goverment had me so overwhelmed that I could not grasp what that really meant. Thankfully my sister knocked some sense into me. So for numerous reasons that I won't go into, I called the agency back to let them know that while I don't want Annie to have to wait longer in the orphanage that she has to, we'd have to be the first in the next travel group rather than the last family in the current one.

So now we are in a holding pattern. We could leave as soon as the 15th it just depends on when another family is approved to travel. My gut says the 22nd but there's nothing concrete in that just a feeling.

Regardless the clock is now ticking and I spent virtually the whole day shopping. Now let me just say for the record, shopping is not my favorite activity. Thankfully my best friend is still in town, and anything with her is fun. It is also an adventure as neither one of us have a sense of direction so heading anywhere we aren't familiar with usually results in seeing a few extra blocks of an area, and the entire layout of stores as we can manage to get ourselves turned around without any effort. Today was no exception. We spent time looking at camcorders, getting a few items for the trip, looked for more baby clothes (don't know Annie's current weight and the liquidation prices at Mervyns are far from a bargain so we walked out empty handed), did a little shopping for me and now I'm home in front of the fire. My feet are screaming at me and I've been trying to tell them that pedicures are on the agenda for tomorrow (and yes probably more shopping bah!). All in all it was a good day and yes I have my priorities straight I mean you have to have pretty toes for the trip. :-)

0 comments: