CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Weight Watchers (again)

First off let me say that my mom is a skinny-mini, I am not (yes mom I know you don't consider yourself a skinny mini but you are wrong, you are, always have been, always will be now get a hobby). My dad snacks his way through the day, I can not. Hello, where is the justice in that??

Any who, I digress as this is not meant to be a post about about the fact that my parents did not pass on their awesome metabolisms, this is about weight watchers. For those who have never had to diet, please go eat snacks with my dad, the rest of us know what dieting is about. It's not fun, it's frustrating and did I mention it's really no fun? Truly weight watchers works, I've successfully lost weight on weight watchers twice I've just never figured out how to keep it off. And I think I've finally figured it out, I'm a completer (also a consolidator but I'll cover that another day, poor Annie what a mom she's getting). I'm not a person who goes on journeys. I set out to do something and I get it done, I needed to lose weight, because really aren't the buttons on pants meant to be buttoned and not just covered with a long shirt? So I lost the weight, then woo hoo I was done, finished, checked that project off my list. Did I mention what gift I got myself for losing the weight? Yes being the logical person that I am, I got tivo! Love, love, love the tivo. Add the tivo to eating like I did before (don't forget my true "love" for veggies) and a very comfortable couch and you can see where this is going. Of course, being the achiever that I am I gained it all back plus another ten. Take two on weight watchers, lost the original ten, plus half of my original loss and then [insert ominous music] ...yeah adopting is stressful. Adopting from Vietnam is even more stressful. Ice cream is good, cookies are good and still there's the couch. So here it is almost the end of October and it's time to try again. I know that the next couple of months are going to be an "adventure" so I'm trying to keep my expectations low but if I don't lose some weight I'll be alternating between two pair of pants all winter because I'm not buying any more clothes in "that" size ever again.

I even have a great leader at my local weight watchers, in fact today she came dressed in superman pajamas because she said that with the week she was having, she needed some superpowers. Can you see why I like this woman? Heck, I'd share brownies with this her and I don't share my chocolate with many people.

So it's weight watchers......again....

PS Happy Birthday Daddy!

1 comments:

MemberNYPD said...

Been there, done that. (eating chinese now..lol)