CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Day 30 and counting

So today is day 30 of my wait for the oh so important I-600 approval. Not that I was expecting a quick approval, but really I would have been okay with being wrong for once. The nursery is done, mentally I'm ready to say goodbye to my current life and gleefully start a new one. Today I started my travel vaccines and all I have to say is OUCH. I swore I'd never get another tetanus shot unless I stepped on a nail, and there I was sitting in the doctor's office asking for one. Of course while I was there, my Dr told me it was time to get a mammogram and they had just opened up a walk in clinic for them in the same building. In fact, it's usually very quiet on Friday afternoons so I should just scoot right down there after I get stabbed a few times with needles. Hmmmm, it's late afternoon on a Friday so it's either margaritas for TGIF or a mammogram?? Tough decision. Care to guess which won out? Yep, I headed to the walk-in clinic. However, I must say I was extremely pleased to be told that there was at least a 60 minute wait. So with a smile, I told them I'd return another day. Hey the waiting room didn't even have any old National Geographics. :-)

PS For those of you not familiar with adopt-speak, we only count business days when speaking of how long the wait has been for I-600 approval (i.e. the last mountain that must be climbed before I get the go ahead to travel).

0 comments: