CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween


The doorbell rang twice tonight, just twice. Maybe 10 kids in all. All I can think of is how when I was a kid we went trick or treating with pillowcases. No grocery bag, or puny plastic pumpkin, it was a pillowcase. I wouldn't even be surprised to find out that my brother used a king sized pillowcase. Of course we always ended up with either a belly ache or in a sugar coma but what a small price to pay for all that chocolate and other various goodies? So my question is halloween better now with kids attending organized parties or back in (my) good ole' days when we went out unchaperoned and the flashlight we promised we'd use thrown in the bottom of our pillowcase? Trick or treaters I'm sure they get less belly aches but are they missing out on the adventure and freedom of what halloween used to be?

Obviously no word about Annie this week. I mean would I really be standing on my soapbox pondering Halloween old and new, if I had heard??? It's the end of day 34 in the I-600 approval wait. Darn Columbus Day, I forgot to omit it in my count last week, I didn't get the day off and in "my world" that means a holiday it is not.

PS Leftover candy and Weight Watchers, an oxymoron?

0 comments: