CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pizza and Medical Exams



Last night the three of us checked out the pizza place around the corner (only one small street to cross this time) and we were not disappointed. It was cheesy, had a decent crust, quick and cheap. Annie too enjoyed gnawing on pizza crusts and entertaining the staff. Quite the ham my little girl. After that we walked across the street to the Saigon Center (an office building by day I think) that's all decorated for Christmas. Santa and his reindeer were there with many, many lights but I think Annie was more interested in the crowd. Definitely an observant kid. She misses nothing (including me trying to sneak some chocolate without sharing).

After dinner she had a bath in the bathroom sink. It's an oversized sink and well she's an undersized kid. Considering it was her first bath since the babies in the orphanage are cleaned in a shower type basin she did great. I think she would have had more fun if the water hadn't drained out so quickly. Tonight I'll see if I can get the water to hang around a little longer so she has a chance to splash.

This morning was the medical exams and as always she was a trooper. The Dr was surprised to hear she sleeps through the night (and yes I have my baby monitor ears going full force so I hear everything). He said she's tiny but strong. Also found out another tid bit of info on Annie's past, she's been walking since she was 10 months old!!!

Still haven't figured out the inability to upload photos. Rie's memory stick fits into the camcorder but last night I still couldn't get the pictures to upload. My camera is giving me fits (and if it doesn't start behaving it may find itself left behind when I leave). I did get pictures of Annie in the sink BUT now I can't find the USB cable. Last I remember I took it away from Annie last night...sigh

When I find the cable I'll add a few pictures to this post so be sure to check back.

Have I mentioned was a joy this little girl is?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call Tech Support!!! :) Darn USB Cables.

Can't wait to the little one!

Unknown said...

Of COURSE Annie is a joy--and Marti, so are you! This is so fun to share--this journey of yours.
Did you mention to the Doc that you two girls had Annie entertained and playing for all but two 15 minute naps? Of COURSE she is gonna sleep like a rock at night. And she isn't going to miss much with an appreciative audience like you two!

It doesn't surprise me a bit that Annie walked at 10 months--wiry little pistol she is. Once my sister Weezi and I took care of our sister's 1 year old boy for a day. It took two of us adults to keep up with him and he wiped us BOTH out for the count.

I'll tell you the new pictures catch her being so cute--can't wait to hear the "rest of the story!" How fun this all is! Candi

G&K said...

We loved the Monaco too and ate there a few times. The waitress was so cute. She loved Isaac and Sarah and I had to get a photo of them together on our last visit. I emailed the photo to her when we got home. It's great to hear things are going so well. Sure hope you find your cable.

Mr. Peacock said...

Can we get a head-on shot of the new momma and her new daughter please?

Not just one of the side of the momma cleaning her daughter's fingers.

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow she is little. Your hand next to her shows us just how small she really is. She looks health and seems very smart, I am sure she is going to keep you on your toes. We look forward to seeing this Blog each day. Thank you for sharing. Cherie'